Near Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the town of Homer
Third county seat of
1858 - 1890
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 7004.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 17.202′ N, 94° 38.286′ W. Marker is near Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 326, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5265 FM 326, Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Homer Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Huntington (approx. 3.8 miles away); Whitehouse Cemetery (approx. 4.8 miles away); Site of the Town of Jonesville (approx. 4.8 miles away); Lindsey Springs Logging Camp (approx. 5 miles away); Fairview School (approx. 5 miles away); City of Lufkin (approx. 5.1 miles away); Southland Paper Mills, Inc. (approx. 5.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lufkin.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 918 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.