Fremont in Sandusky County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Major George Croghan
With but 160 men
Against 1300 British and Indians
Under Gen. Proctor and Tecumseh
On August 2, 1813
Erected 1903 by Col. George Croghan Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 20.768′ N, 83° 6.947′ W. Marker is in Fremont, Ohio, in Sandusky County. Marker is on Croghan Street east of High Street, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. This historical marker is located in the downtown area of Fremont, affixed to a rock, in the northwest section of the front yard of the Birchard Public Library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 485 Croghan Street, Fremont OH 43420, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Fort Stephenson (a few steps from this marker); Old Betsy (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldier's Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); In Commemoration (about 300 feet Fremont (about 400 feet away); Near This Spot (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Fremont (about 800 feet away); Indian Gantlet and Race Course (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fremont.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Military • Native Americans • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 877 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.