Fremont in Sandusky County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Major George Croghan
Against the British and
Indians in the defense
Of Fort Stephenson
Aug. 1st and 2nd 1813
Location. 41° 20.779′ N, 83° 6.928′ W. Marker is in Fremont, Ohio, in Sandusky County. Marker is at the intersection of Croghan Street and High Street, on the right when traveling east on Croghan Street. Click for map. This historical marker is located in the downtown Fremont area, in front of a black cannon, on the north side of the Birchard Public Library, which was built on the site of Fort Stephenson. Marker is at or near this postal address: 423 Croghan Street, Fremont OH 43420, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Stephenson (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Fort Stephenson (within shouting distance of this marker); Soldier's Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Near This Spot (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fremont (about 400 feet away); In Commemoration (about 400 feet away but has been reported missing); a different marker also named Fremont (about 700 feet away); Indian Gantlet and Race Course (about 800 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Fremont.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Military • Native Americans • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,059 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.