Chloride in Mohave County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
“Oldest Silver Mining Town in Arizona”
Chloride was served by the Butterfield Stage from 1898 to 1919 and the Santa Fe Railroad from 1898 to 1933.
Chloride lives on today with local citizens proud of its history.
Erected 1996 by Lost Dutchman Chapter 5917, E Clampus Vitus.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 35° 24.795′ N, 114° 11.956′ W. Marker is in Chloride, Arizona, in Mohave County. Marker is on 2nd Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in city park on 2nd Street, one block south of Tennessee Avenue. Marker is in this post office area: Chloride AZ 86431, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Arizona and Utah / Western Arizona Railway (within shouting Metcalf Baker - Andrew Judson (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Chloride (approx. 3.5 miles away); Mineral Park (approx. 6.3 miles away); Cerbat (approx. 9.3 miles away).
Categories. • Natural Resources • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 1,225 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 5. submitted on , by Lester J Letson of Fresno, California. 6. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 7. submitted on , by Lester J Letson of Fresno, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.