Ridgefield in Fairfield County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
The Original Episcopal Church
erected in 1740
partly burned by
during the battle
April 27, 1777
Location. 41° 16.812′ N, 73° 29.914′ W. Marker is in Ridgefield, Connecticut, in Fairfield County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Connecticut Route 35) and Governor Street, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Click for map. Located in front of St. Stephen's Episcopal Church. Marker is in this post office area: Ridgefield CT 06877, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Society of Ridgefield (a few steps from this marker); Bissell's – Destroyed by Two Conflagrations (within shouting distance of this marker); The Village Center in the Early 1900s (within shouting distance of this marker); The Lounsbury House (within shouting distance of this marker); The Confederate Bell (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); More of the Great Fire (about 300 feet away); Ridgefield Veterans Memorial (about 300 feet away); The Great Fire of 1895 (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Ridgefield.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 645 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.