Waterford in Erie County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Fort Le Boeuf
Under British flag 1759 - 1763
Lot purchased by Fort Le Boeuf Chapter
Daughters of the American Colonists
Restored and Landscaped in 1932
As a memorial in honor of the two
Hundredth Anniversary of the birth
Of George Washington
By the National Society Daughters of
The American Colonists
Erected by Konoagoa Chapter, Warren, PA.
Location. 41° 56.399′ N, 79° 58.973′ W. Marker is in Waterford, Pennsylvania, in Erie County. Marker can be reached from High Street (U.S. 19) north of West 1st Alley, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. This historical marker is located on the south side of the downtown business district, on the west side of the road. It is on the same side of the street, and just west of, the George Washington historical marker that was erected by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission; and just across the street from the state owned and maintained Fort Le Boeuf history museum, along with two historical markers that are dedicated to Fort Le Boeuf. Marker is in this post office area: Waterford PA 16441, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 Near This Site (here, next to this marker); George Washington (here, next to this marker); Fort Le Boeuf (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Fort Le Boeuf (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Le Boeuf Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Col. Strong Vincent (within shouting distance of this marker); Presque Isle Portage (approx. 3.3 miles away); French Creek (approx. 3.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Waterford.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Military • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 554 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.