Pelham Manor in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Battle of Pelham
1776 † † 1976
Battle of Pelham
October 18, 1776
Knapp Chapter, NSDAR
Col. John Glover
Col. Joseph Read † † Col. William Shepard
Col. Loammi Baldwin
their 750 Continentals.
Their courageous action
Gen. William Howeís British invasion
General George Washington
to move the
Continental Army to White Plains.
Erected 1976 by National Society Daughters of the American Revolution, Knapp Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 53.383′ N, 73° 48.638′ W. Marker is in Pelham Manor, New York, in Westchester County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Peace Street, on the left when traveling east on Washington Avenue. Click for map. Marker is on the grounds of Prospect Hill School. Marker is in this post office area: Pelham NY 10803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. This Mile Stone (approx. 0.4 miles away); “Pelham Dale” (approx. 0.8 miles away); Patriots of the American Revolution In Memory of the Underhills (approx. 0.8 miles away); St. Paulís Church, Eastchester (approx. 0.8 miles away); Saint Paulís Protestant Episcopal Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Colonel Philip Pell (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Old Boston Road (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pelham Manor.
Also see . . .
1. Bicentennial of the Battle of Pelham. Historic Pelham website. (Submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. The Battle of Pellís Point. The American Revolutionary War website. (Submitted on June 19, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 864 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.