Henrico in Henrico County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Ridge Baptist Church UDC Memorial
Erected in memory of the Confederate veterans of this locality by the Chesterfield Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy. The original Ridge Baptist Church building was used as a hospital during the War Between the States.
Erected 1953 by Chesterfield Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 37° 36.151′ N, 77° 33.64′ W. Marker is in Henrico, Virginia, in Henrico County. Marker is on East Ridge Road 0.1 miles west of Three Chopt Road, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1515 East Ridge Road, Henrico VA 23229, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tommy Edwards (approx. 1.1 miles away); Skipwith Academy (approx. 1.4 miles away); Dahlgren's Raid (approx. 1.6 miles away); Old Coal Pit Railroad Bed (approx. 2.1 miles away); Virginia Home for Boys (approx. 2.4 miles away); Outer Defenses Deep Run Baptist Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); Westwood Club (approx. 2.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Henrico.
Also see . . .
1. Three Chopt District Historic Sites - Ridge Baptist Church. Henrico Historical Society (Submitted on June 27, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
2. Ridge Baptist Church. (Submitted on June 27, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Science & Medicine • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 669 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.