Newtown in Bucks County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
by Anthony Siddons,
became headquarters of
the American General
after the battle of Trenton
December 26, 1776
Erected 1950 by Bucks County Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 13.656′ N, 74° 56.21′ W. Marker is in Newtown, Pennsylvania, in Bucks County. Marker is on State Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 107 S. State Street, Newtown PA 18940, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Loyalist Raid of 1778 (a few steps from this marker); February 9, 1778 (a few steps from this marker); Bird in Hand (within shouting distance of this marker); The First National Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Newtown - County Seat (within shouting distance of this marker); Half-Moon Inn (within Whitehall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); White Hall (about 300 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Newtown.
Also see . . . History of Newtown Borough. (Submitted on June 28, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Heroes • Industry & Commerce • Military • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Patriots & Patriotism • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 628 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.