Orangeburg in Orangeburg County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Charleston Road
Erected 1970 by Moultrie Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, replacing a marker erected in 1916. (Marker Number 38-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 33° 28.252′ N, 80° 50.764′ W. Marker is in Orangeburg, South Carolina, in Orangeburg County. Marker is on Charleston Highway (U.S. 178), on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Located 1 block south of intersection with US 21, at the SCDOT Driveway. Marker is in this post office area: Orangeburg SC 29115, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Williams Chapel A.M.E. Church (approx. 1.4 miles away); Judge Glover's Home (approx. 1.6 miles away); Church of the Redeemer (approx. 1.6 miles away); Veterans Memorial Park Orangeburg Confederate Memorial (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Two Old Guns Of Captain Henry Felder (approx. 1.7 miles away); Court House Square (approx. 1.7 miles away); Veterans Memorial Fountain (approx. 1.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Orangeburg.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 776 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.