Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Court House
First Court House 1836-1870
First Jail 1836-1847
First County Offices 1844-1870
Second Jail 1847-1870
This tablet erected by Milwaukee County under direction of the Old Settlers Club of Milwaukee County
Erected 1900 by Milwaukee County and the Old Settlers Club of Milwaukee County.
Location. 43° 2.541′ N, 87° 54.292′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of East Kilbourn Avenue and North Jackson Street, on the right when traveling east on East Kilbourn Avenue. Click for map. Marker is located in Cathedral Park in downtown Milwaukee. Marker is in this post office area: Milwaukee WI 53202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of First Milwaukee County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Rescue of Joshua Glover (a few steps from this marker); Court House Square (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint John Cathedral (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Matthew Keenan House (about 600 feet away); Old St. Mary's Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Womens Club of Wisconsin (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brig. Gen. Rufus King’s Home (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Milwaukee.
Categories. • Government • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 511 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.