Blossburg in Tioga County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
William B. Wilson
William B. Wilson
First U.S. Secretary of Labor
1913 - 1921
Member of House of Representatives
1906 - 1912
Erected 1976 by William B. Wilson Post No. 572, The American Legion.
Location. 41° 39.996′ N, 77° 4.583′ W. Marker is in Blossburg, Pennsylvania, in Tioga County. Marker is on South Williamson Road, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Located in front of the Blossburg American Legion Post. Marker is in this post office area: Blossburg PA 16912, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Coal Discovery (approx. 0.3 miles away but has been reported missing); Coal in Tioga County (approx. 0.8 miles away); Blossburg Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.1 miles away); Williamson Road (approx. 7.6 miles away); Staff Sergeant Ryan Scott Ostrom (approx. 7.6 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.6 miles away); a different marker also named Williamson Road (approx. 8 miles away); Camp of the Pioneers (approx. 8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Blossburg.
Also see . . .
1. William B. Wilson. Wikipedia article. (Submitted on July 17, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. William B. Wilson. Series of pages from the Blossburg website. Wilson was very active in coal workers unions before becoming Secretary of Labor. (Submitted on July 17, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
3. Biographical Directory of the United States Congress - Wilson, William Bauchop, (1862 - 1934). (Submitted on June 7, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
4. William Bauchop Wilson at FindAGrave.com. (Submitted on July 21, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Government • Labor Unions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 664 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.