Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hightower (Etowah) Trail
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-114.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 59.47′ N, 84° 21.605′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Hightower Trail 0.1 miles west of Huntcliff Trace, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is near the entrance to the Cherokee Country Club. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30350, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Garrard’s Cav. & Newton’s Division McPherson’s Troops at Shallow Ford (approx. one mile away); Garrard’s Cavalry at Roswell (approx. 1.5 miles away but has been reported missing); Barrington Hall (approx. 1.6 miles away); Founders' Cemetery (approx. 1.6 miles away); Bulloch Hall (approx. 1.7 miles away); Roswell Factory (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Old Bricks (approx. 1.7 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Native Americans • Political Subdivisions • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 2,336 times since then and 12 times this year. Last updated on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.