Clarkdale in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Coats & Clark Thread Mill
1931 – 1983
Erected 2009 by Cobb County Community Development Agency.
Location. 33° 49.917′ N, 84° 39.3′ W. Marker is in Clarkdale, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is at the intersection of Newark Street SW and Newark Avenue SW, on the right when traveling west on Newark Street SW. Click for map. The marker stands just to the right of the entrance to the former Coats & Clark Thread Mill. Marker is in this post office area: Clarkdale GA 30111, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the Clarkdale Historic District (within shouting distance of this marker); Clarkdale Mill Village Historic District (approx. 0.3 miles away); Causey - Maxham House (approx. 2.5 miles away); Sweet Water Town Site (approx. 2.8 miles away); Hardee's Corps at Powder Springs (approx. 3.5 miles away); Ross' Headquarters (approx. 3.7 miles away); 16th A.C. to Roswell (approx. 4.2 miles away); Schofield's Headquarters (approx. 4.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Clarkdale.
Categories. • 20th Century • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,563 times since then and 114 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.