Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Christian Church of Taylor
Present Gothic Revival church was built in 1891. Architect: E. B. Mackin. Distinctive interior is preserved, although bell tower has been removed. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1970.
Erected 1970 by the Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9091.)
Location. 30° 34.359′ N, 97° 24.662′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on Talbot Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 603 Talbot St, Taylor TX 76574, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Presbyterian Church of Taylor (within shouting distance of this marker); City of Taylor (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bill Pickett (about 700 feet away); The Taylor Public Schools (about 700 feet away); Taylor Post Office (about Preslar-Hewitt Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eikel-Prewitt Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Governor Dan Moody (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Taylor.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,278 times since then and 71 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.