Albion in Noble County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Noble County Seat / Noble County Courthouse
First courthouse (1847) destroyed by fire replaced by two-story brick structure, 1860. This courthouse, third on the site, built 1887–1889, in Richardsonian Romanesque Style of brick and limestone. Designed by E. O. Fallis Co., Toledo, Ohio. Listed in National Register of Historic Places 1981.
Erected 1999 by Indiana Historical Bureau and Courthouse Square Preservation Society Inc. (Marker Number 57.1999.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 41° 23.766′ N, 85° 25.454′ W. Marker is in Albion, Indiana, in Noble County. Marker is on North Orange Street (Indiana Route 9). Click for map. Itís on the east side of the Courthouse. The clock tower can be seen from much of the city. Marker is in this post office area: Albion IN 46701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Noble County Seat (within shouting distance of this marker); Noble County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Stanley Schoolhouse (approx. 5 miles away); Gene Stratton-Porter (approx. 6.7 miles away); Sylvan Lake (approx. 7.6 miles away); Camp Mitchell (approx. 8.8 miles away); The Ligonier Train Depot (approx. 9.7 miles away); Ahavath Scholom Temple (approx. 9.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Albion.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,123 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Christopher Light of Valparaiso, Indiana. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.