Steubenville in Jefferson County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Federal Land Oﬃce
Erected 1965 by The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 1-41.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection marker series.
Location. 40° 21.509′ N, 80° 36.843′ W. Marker is in Steubenville, Ohio, in Jefferson County. Marker is on South 3rd Street north of Adams Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. This historical marker is located in the downtown business district, near the Ohio River, on the grounds of the Historic Fort Steuben Park, near the entrance of the parking lot, in front of the northwest corner of the chain link fence surrounding the historic Federal Land Office building. Marker is in this post office area: Steubenville OH 43952, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Steuben (within shouting distance of this marker); This Old Federal Land Office (within shouting distance of this marker); North-West Corner of Fort Steuben (within shouting distance of this marker); Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Edwin McMasters Stanton (about 500 feet away); Abraham Lincoln's Visit to Steubenville (about 500 feet away); U.S.S. Maine (about 500 feet away); Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919) / Carnegie Library of Steubenville (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Steubenville.
Also see . . . First Federal Land Office. This link is provided by a consumer service entitled "Discover Ohio." (Submitted on August 2, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 505 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.