Denton in Caroline County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Caroline Court House
The 1895 replacement was renovated and extensively added to, 1966. The courthouse was purchased 1791 for 120 shillings.
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 38° 53.199′ N, 75° 49.977′ W. Marker is in Denton, Maryland, in Caroline County. Marker is on Market Street near Between 1st and 2nd Streets, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Denton MD 21629, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. On this spot Sept. 5, 1938 stood Franklin Delano Roosevelt (a few steps from this marker); Revolution or Fraud? (within shouting distance of this marker); Caroline Courthouse-In the Shadow of Justice (within shouting distance of this marker); Great Wars of World Conflict (within shouting distance of this marker); John Wilkes Booth (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct Moses and the Hounds (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hubs of Activity (approx. 0.4 miles away); Steamboats on the Choptank River (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Denton.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,198 times since then and 77 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.