Hampton, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
First Church at Kecoughtan
Erected 1950 by Virginia Conservation Commission. (Marker Number WY 90.)
Location. 37° 0.294′ N, 76° 21.549′ W. Marker is in Hampton, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of Lasalle Avenue and Kenmore Drive, on the right when traveling north on Lasalle Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hampton VA 23661, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Battle of Ironclads (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stalemate in Hampton Roads (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wythe’s Birthplace (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fertile Hunting Grounds For The Indians (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Development Of Olde Wythe (approx. 0.4 miles away); Olde Wythe During Colonial Times (approx. half a mile away); Admiral Sir George Cockburn on the Chesapeake / The War of 1812 Hampton Roads – World’s Greatest Harbor (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Hampton.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study the Second Church at Kecoughtan marker shown.
Also see . . . Brief History of St. John's Episcopal Church. (Submitted on August 2, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,106 times since then and 411 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.