“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Denton in Caroline County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)


Denton Marker image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, November 3, 2007
1. Denton Marker
Inscription. Originally called "Edenton" for Robert Eden, Maryland's last Colonial Governor.
was named in honor of his wife Caroline Calvert, a sister of Frederick, the last Lord Baltimore.
Erected by State Roads Commission.
Location. 38° 52.889′ N, 75° 49.733′ W. Marker is in Denton, Maryland, in Caroline County. Marker is at the intersection of 5th Street and South Street, on the right when traveling north on 5th Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Denton MD 21629, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Caroline Courthouse-In the Shadow of Justice (approx. 0.4 miles away); Revolution or Fraud? (approx. 0.4 miles away); On this spot Sept. 5, 1938 stood Franklin Delano Roosevelt (approx. 0.4 miles away); Caroline Court House (approx. 0.4 miles away); John Wilkes Booth (approx. 0.4 miles away); Great Wars of World Conflict (approx. half a mile away); Moses and the Hounds (approx. 0.7 miles away); Hubs of Activity (approx. mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Denton.
Categories. Colonial EraNotable BuildingsPolitical Subdivisions
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,083 times since then and 70 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement