Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Salisbury in Rowan County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

St. Luke’s Episcopal Church

 
 
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 2, 2010
1. St. Luke’s Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription.
Parish established in
1753. Present building
constructed in 1828,
stands one block west.

 
Erected 1949 by Archives, Conservation and Highway Departments. (Marker Number L 44.)
 
Location. 35° 40.107′ N, 80° 28.127′ W. Marker is in Salisbury, North Carolina, in Rowan County. Marker is at the intersection of N Main Street (U.S. 29) and W Council Street, on the left when traveling north on N Main Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Salisbury NC 28144, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Washington Southern Tour (here, next to this marker); Rowan County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Washington’s Tour of the Southern States (here, next to this marker); Elizabeth Maxwell Steele (a few steps from this marker); Rowan County World War I Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Old English Cemetery (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Salisbury Confederate Memorial (about 700 feet away); Stoneman’s Raid (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Salisbury.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Salisbury Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 2, 2010
2. Salisbury Marker
Marker on N Main Street image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 2, 2010
3. Marker on N Main Street
The marker is located in front of the Old Rowan Courthouse.
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
By Bill Coughlin, August 2, 2010
4. St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
St. Luke parish was established by act of Colonial Assembly in 1753. This church is located ½ block west of the marker.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 447 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement