Madison in Morgan County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 104-6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 35.748′ N, 83° 27.99′ W. Marker is in Madison, Georgia, in Morgan County. Marker is at the intersection of Hancock Street and East Jefferson Street, on the right when traveling east on Hancock Street. Click for map. The marker stands just to the left of the main entrance of the Morgan County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Madison GA 30650, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within In Memory of the Boys from Morgan County, Georgia (a few steps from this marker); William Tappan Thompson (within shouting distance of this marker); Civic Advancement (within shouting distance of this marker); Oliver Hardy, Genius of Comedy (within shouting distance of this marker); Community Settlement (within shouting distance of this marker); The Town Square (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Banking Institutions (about 400 feet away); Lodging Establishments (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Madison.
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 517 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.