California in Washington County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Joseph A.“Jock” Yablonski
Erected 1995 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 3.995′ N, 79° 53.392′ W. Marker is in California, Pennsylvania, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Wood Street (Pennsylvania Route 88) and Third Street (Pennsylvania Route 88), on the right when traveling north on Wood Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: California PA 15419, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. California Boatyards (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); California (approx. 0.3 miles away); James G. Blaine (approx. 2.8 miles away); Redstone Old Fort (approx. 3 miles away); Steamboat Enterprise/Boatbuilding Center (approx. 3.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in California.
Also see . . .
1. Murder-for-Hire, the Jock Yablonski Story. One paragraph summary of the murders, with photograph of Mr. and Mrs. Yablonksi shortly before their death. (Submitted on May 11, 2006.)
2. The Yablonski Murders. Essay by Brian Hogbin. (Submitted on May 11, 2006.)
3. Joseph "Jock"Yablonski at FindAGrave.com. Includes photos of the gravesite. (Submitted on May 11, 2006.)
4. Act of Vengeance. DVD of 1986 movie staring Charles Bronson, Ellen Burstyn and Keanu Reeves. On Amazon.com. (Submitted on May 11, 2006.)
5. Joseph A. "Jock" Yablonski - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 13, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Labor Unions • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Phyllis Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 6,202 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Phyllis Prats of Springfield, Virginia. 4, 5. submitted on , by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.