Lusby in Calvert County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Preston on Patuxent
Erected by State Roads Commission.
Location. 38° 24.951′ N, 76° 27.424′ W. Marker is in Lusby, Maryland, in Calvert County. Marker is at the intersection of Pardoe Road (Maryland Route 765) and Solomons Island Road (Maryland Route 2/4), on the right when traveling west on Pardoe Road. Click for map. Marker is about 100 feet west of the intersection on Pardoe Road. Marker is in this post office area: Lusby MD 20657, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Morgan Hill Farm (approx. 0.6 miles away); Middleham Chapel (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Cliffs of Calvert (approx. 1.8 miles away); Fate of the Flotilla (approx. 2.9 miles away); Weapons of War (approx. 3 miles away); Naval Warfare (approx. 3 miles away); The War of 1812 Living History (approx. 3 miles away); Jefferson Patterson Park & Museum (approx. 3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lusby.
Also see . . . Maryland Historical Trust page on Preston-on-the-Patuxent. (Submitted on November 10, 2007.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Politics •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,706 times since then and 5 times this year. Last updated on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.