Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Chester Springs in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Chester Springs

 
 
Chester Springs Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, August 14, 2010
1. Chester Springs Marker
Inscription. Earlier known as Yellow Springs. Resort since 1750. Washington's headquarters, Sept. 17, 1777, after Battle of Brandywine. Hospital for his soldiers during the winter encampment at Valley Forge, 1777-1778.
 
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvanial Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Location. 40° 5.716′ N, 75° 37.058′ W. Marker is in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is at the intersection of Pike Springs Road (State Highway 113) and Yellow Springs Road, on the right when traveling west on Pike Springs Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chester Springs PA 19425, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Good News Productions (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Chester Springs (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lightfoot Mill (approx. 1.6 miles away); Graceanna Lewis (approx. 3.4 miles away); Weaver’s Cottage (approx. 4 miles away); Valley Forge General Hospital (approx. 4.2 miles away); Battle of the Clouds (approx. 4.2 miles away); a different marker also named The Battle of the Clouds (approx. 5.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Chester Springs.
 
Also see . . .
1. Historic Yellow Springs
Chester Springs Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, August 14, 2010
2. Chester Springs Marker
. (Submitted on August 23, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. Chester Springs - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.) 
 
Categories. War, US Revolutionary
 
Poolhouse image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, August 14, 2010
3. Poolhouse
Located just north of the marker location, along Yellow Springs Road. The poolhouse is one of two remaining bathhouses at the spring.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 566 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.   3. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement