Chester Springs in Chester County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
A Revolutionary Hospital
its director and surgeon
died here June 17, 1778.
Erected 1916 by Chester County Historical Society.
Location. 40° 6.005′ N, 75° 37.347′ W. Marker is in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, in Chester County. Marker is at the intersection of Yellow Springs Road and Art School Road, on the right when traveling north on Yellow Springs Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chester Springs PA 19425, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Good News Productions (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Chester Springs (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lightfoot Mill (approx. 1.6 miles away); Graceanna Lewis (approx. 3.3 miles away); Valley Forge General Hospital (approx. 4.3 miles away); Weaver’s Cottage (approx. 4.3 miles away); Battle of the Clouds (approx. 4.7 miles away); Welkinweir (approx. 4.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Chester Springs.
Also see . . . Historic Yellow Springs. Provides details of the hospital and resort. (Submitted on August 23, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Science & Medicine • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 593 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.