Blue Mounds in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Blue Mounds Fort
The heirs of Col. Ebenezer Brigham donated a portion of the Fort site to the State Historical Society in 1921.
Erected 1992 by Dane County Historical Society. (Marker Number 29.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Black Hawk War, and the Wisconsin, Dane County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 43° 0.909′ N, 89° 49.6′ W. Marker Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Blue Mounds WI 53517, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Blue Mounds Fort (approx. 0.7 miles away); Brigham Park (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Brigham Park (approx. one mile away); Army Cargo Plane Crash (approx. 1.5 miles away); German Valley (approx. 3 miles away); Elvers Corner (approx. 4.1 miles away); Old Town (approx. 4.9 miles away); Hauge Log Church - 1852 (approx. 5.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Blue Mounds.
Also see . . .
1. Uncovering the Story of Fort Blue Mounds. Link to an article by Robert A. Birmingham in the Wisconsin Magazine of History on the history and excavation of the fort. (Submitted on September 7, 2010, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
2. Dane County Historical Society. Society newsletter articles on the Blackhawk War and marker series, especially mentioning this marker. (Submitted on October 10, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,353 times since then and 145 times this year. Last updated on , by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.