“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Accokeek in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)

Calvert Manor

Calvert Manor Marker image. Click for full size.
By F. Robby, December 1, 2004
1. Calvert Manor Marker
Inscription. Originally a grant of 3,000 acres by Cecil Calvert, second Lord Baltimore, to his nephew, William Calvert, 1662. The area was visited by Captain John Smith, 1608, by Captain Henry Fleet, 1629, and by Governor Leonard Calvert and Father Andrew White, 1634.
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 38° 41.199′ N, 77° 0.37′ W. Marker is in Accokeek, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on Farmington Road 0.6 miles west of Indian Head Highway (Maryland Route 210), on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Accokeek MD 20607, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Christ Episcopal Church Accokeek (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Mortar Battery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Firepower on the Potomac (approx. 1.9 miles away); “Warburton Manor” (approx. 2.3 miles away); Caponiere (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Cisterns (approx. 2.3 miles away); Capital Guardian (approx. 2.3 miles away); a different marker also named Capital Guardian (approx. 2.3 miles away).
Categories. Colonial EraNotable PersonsSettlements & Settlers
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,470 times since then and 89 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement