Brandywine in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Paul's Episcopal Church
Parish Church of St. Paul's Parish, one of the thirty original parishes established in 1692 in the Province of Maryland. The present structure was built in 1733 to replace the earlier church at Mt. Calvert that was in existence prior to 1692.
The Right Rev. Thomas John Claggett, D.D., first Episcopal Bishop consecrated in America, served as rector of the parish following the American Revolution while he was Bishop of Maryland.
Erected by Prince George's County Historical Society.
Location. 38° 39.631′ N, 76° 46.296′ W. Marker is in Brandywine, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is at the intersection of Baden Westwood Road and Horsehead Road, on the right when traveling west on Baden Westwood Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brandywine MD 20613, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Immanuel Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Up in Flames (approx. 4.4 miles away); Home of Dr. Samuel Mudd (approx. 4.5 miles away); Dr. Samuel A. Mudd (approx. 4.5 miles away); John Wilkes Booth Dr. Samuel A. Mudd House (approx. 4.6 miles away); Town Ravaged (approx. 4.8 miles away); Lower Marlboro (approx. 4.8 miles away but has been reported missing).
Also see . . . St. Paul's Episcopal Church. (PDF)National Register Nomination Form (MDIHP) (Submitted on December 28, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,474 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 2, 3. submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. 4. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.