Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First High School
Erected 1990 by Kiwanis Club of Trenton.
Location. 40° 13.017′ N, 74° 45.617′ W. Marker is in Trenton, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and Mercer Street, on the right when traveling west on Market Street. Click for map. This marker is located on the wall of ĎThe Colony at Mill Hillí Condominium Complex. Marker is in this post office area: Trenton NJ 08611, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mill Hill Historic District (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Washington Crossing the Delaware (about 700 feet away); Mercer County Courthouse (about 700 feet away); Mill Hill Playhouse (about 700 feet away); House of Alexander Douglass (approx. 0.2 miles away); Douglass House (approx. 0.2 miles away but has been reported missing); The Alexander Douglass House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Church of the Sacred Heart (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Trenton.
More about this marker.
Regarding First High School. This was the first of three public high schools Trenton has had. The second one mentioned in the marker was also torn down and the current school on Chambers Street took its place in 1932.
Additional keywords. Mill Hill
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 892 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. 2. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 3. submitted on , by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. 4. submitted on , by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.