Cedartown in Polk County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Rockmart, thirteen miles to the east, has textile mills that give the area much employment and a large payroll, and as well is the center of portland cement production.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 115-1A.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 0.81′ N, 85° 15.329′ W. Marker is in Cedartown, Georgia, in Polk County. Marker is on Prior Street 0 miles west of South Main Street (Georgia Route 1), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. The marker stands in front of the Polk County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Prior Street, Cedartown GA 30125, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ivy Ledbetter Lee (within shouting distance of this marker); Sterling Holloway (about 600 feet away, measured in a Big Spring Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Georgia School for the Deaf (approx. 7.9 miles away); Davis & Dodge at Peekís Spring (approx. 11.3 miles away); Loganís 15th Corps at Swaintown (approx. 11.7 miles away); Medora Field Perkerson (approx. 13.1 miles away).
Also see . . . Polk County tourism site. (Submitted on September 15, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 460 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.