Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Army of the Tenn. To Dallas
At this stage of the Federal march to outflank Johnston’s forces [CS] at Allatoona, McPherson was on extreme right. Next on left was Davis’ (2d) div., 14th A.C. [US] which turned E., May 25, at Van Wert to reach Dallas via Bishop’s Mill.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 55.439′ N, 84° 59.05′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is on Goldmine Road 0.1 miles east of Fairview Drive, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2063 Goldmine Road, Dallas GA 30157, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Van Wert Polk County (approx. 5.7 miles away); Army of the Tenn. At Dallas (approx. 6.1 miles away); 20th Corps Detours to New Hope Church Davis' Div. at Dallas (approx. 8.1 miles away); Paulding County (approx. 8.2 miles away); Dallas - New Hope Line (approx. 8.6 miles away); Left of the Confederate Line (approx. 8.8 miles away); The Orphan Brigade at Dallas (approx. 8.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Dallas.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 607 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.