Fayetteville in Lincoln County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Women of the Confederacy
Erected 1904 by Zollicoffer-Fulton Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 35° 9.093′ N, 86° 34.216′ W. Marker is in Fayetteville, Tennessee, in Lincoln County. Marker is on East Market Street east of South Main Avenue (U.S. 431), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Fountain is located near the southwest corner of the Lincoln County courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Fayetteville TN 37334, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Martyred (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Park Cannon (within shouting distance of this marker); Lincoln County in the Civil War Bell's Route Trail of Tears (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Camp Blount (approx. 0.7 miles away); Andrew Jackson (approx. 1.1 miles away); a different marker also named Camp Blount (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Fayetteville.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 629 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.