Burlington in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old St. Mary’s
was the first Episcopal
Church in New Jersey.
Services were transferred
to new St. Mary’s in 1854.
Erected by State of New Jersey.
Location. 40° 4.625′ N, 74° 51.654′ W. Marker is in Burlington, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is at the intersection of W Broad Street and Wood Street, on the right when traveling west on W Broad Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burlington NJ 08016, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grant House (within shouting distance of this marker); Founding of St. Mary’s Parish (within shouting distance of this marker); New St. Mary’s (within shouting distance of this marker); Office of the Council of Proprietors and the Surveyor General (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ockanickon (about 600 feet away); Free Library (about 700 feet away); Center of Arts and Culture (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplaces (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Burlington.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 420 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.