Burlington in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
New St. Mary’s
architect Richard Upjohn,
is one of the earliest
cruciform structures in
America. Completed, 1854.
Erected by State of New Jersey.
Location. 40° 4.616′ N, 74° 51.692′ W. Marker is in Burlington, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on W Broad Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burlington NJ 08016, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Founding of St. Mary’s Parish (here, next to this marker); Old St. Mary’s (within shouting distance of this marker); Grant House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Office of the Council of Proprietors and the Surveyor General (about 500 feet away); Free Library (about 800 feet away); Ockanickon (about 800 feet away); Center of Arts and Culture (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplaces (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Burlington.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 422 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.