Burlington in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Founding of St. Mary’s Parish
the founding of St. Mary’s Parish
Mother Parish of New Jersey
The first founded by the Society
for the propagation of the Gospel
All Saints’ Day 1702
The laying of the cornerstone of
St. Mary’s Church
Feast of the Annunciation 1703
First Rector Rev. John Talbot Installed 1705
Royal Charter granted January 5, 1709
Erected 1962 by Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey.
Location. 40° 4.62′ N, 74° 51.691′ W. Marker is in Burlington, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on W Broad Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. The marker is located in front of New St. Mary's Church. Marker is in this post office area: Burlington NJ 08016, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. New St. Mary’s (here, next to this marker); Old St. Mary’s (within shouting distance of this marker); Grant House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Office of the Council of Proprietors and the Surveyor General (about 400 feet away); Free Library (about 700 feet Ockanickon (about 800 feet away); Center of Arts and Culture (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplaces (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Burlington.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 530 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.