Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Taylor in Navajo County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

G. & D. Hatch Mercantile

1926-1932

 
 
G. & D. Hatch Mercantile Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, September 24, 2010
1. G. & D. Hatch Mercantile Marker
Inscription. George P. Hatch married Dora Palmer, A. Z.'s daughter, and later they began an ice cream parlor in A.Z.'s store. When A. Z. Died, they bought out Dora's siblings. Dora's store experience plus George's business college background brought great success until their generosity helping customers thru the crash of 1929 forced the close of business in 1932.
 
Location. 34° 27.916′ N, 110° 5.496′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Arizona, in Navajo County. Marker is on Center Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is on the south wall of the building facing Center Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 North Main Street, Taylor AZ 85939, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A.Z. Palmer and Sons (a few steps from this marker); Hatch Bros. General Store (a few steps from this marker); Daughters of the Utah Pioneers (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jesse Nathaniel Smith (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Snowflake Monument (approx. 3.2 miles away); Shumway Schoolhouse (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Mauretta B. Thomas Pinedale Memorial Bridge (approx. 13.9 miles away); Pinedale School Bell (approx. 14.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Taylor.
 
Regarding G. & D. Hatch Mercantile.
G. & D. Hatch Mercantile Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, September 24, 2010
2. G. & D. Hatch Mercantile Marker
The town of Taylor purchased the site in 2000, it became Taylorís main museum and the Chamber of Commerce.
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
G. & D. Hatch Mercantile image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, September 24, 2010
3. G. & D. Hatch Mercantile
Marker is located on the south wall of the building. The Nearby Markers "Hatch Brothers General Store" and "A.Z. Palmer & Sons" are also mounted on the building.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 467 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement