Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Osceola in Mississippi County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Planters Bank Building

 
 
Planters Bank Building Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, August 31, 2010
1. Planters Bank Building Marker
Inscription. The Neo-Classical style 1920 building, designed by noted architect Uzzell Branson, originally housed Citizens Bank, then, First State Bank, a mercantile store, and City Hall. A citizens group, including Congressman W.J. Driver, opened Planters Bank in May 1944. The property later was used as a funeral home, then, as a church.
 
Location. 35° 42.169′ N, 89° 58.012′ W. Marker is in Osceola, Arkansas, in Mississippi County. Marker is at the intersection of East Hale Avenue and Pecan Street, on the right when traveling east on East Hale Avenue. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Osceola AR 72370, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bank of Osceola (within shouting distance of this marker); Calvary Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Bell Telephone Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Drug Store (about 300 feet away); Violet Cemetery (about 400 feet away); East Hale Storefronts (about 500 feet away); The Osceola Times Building (about 600 feet away); Reggie Young (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Osceola.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Notable Buildings
 
Planters Bank Building and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, August 31, 2010
2. Planters Bank Building and Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 615 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement