DeForest in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
De Forest Centennial
1863 - 1963
The native hand-hewn rock in this monument came from the original De Forest home in Madison, which he built in 1853. The structure, at the corner of Park and State streets, later was used as the Administration Building by the University of Wisconsin. The building was razed in 1965.
Erected 1966 by DeForest Area Citizens.
Location. 43° 14.797′ N, 89° 20.431′ W. Marker is in DeForest, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is at the intersection of DeForest Street and South Durkee Street, on the right when traveling east on DeForest Street. Click for map. The marker is in Fireman's Park in DeForest. Marker is in this post office area: De Forest WI 53532, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The De Forest Depot (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Andreas Dahl (approx. 0.2 miles away); Our Bell (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of the First Well in DeForest Token Creek (approx. 4.2 miles away); Ella Wheeler Wilcox (approx. 4.3 miles away); Schumacher Farm (approx. 6 miles away); Maureen Mengelt Memorial (approx. 6.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in DeForest.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 458 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.