Selma in Dallas County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Sold 1864 to John M. Parkman,
1870 to Emile Gillman.
Purchased in 1957 through a bequest from Robert Daniel Sturdivant and operated by the Sturdivant Museum Association.
Erected 1967 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 24.783′ N, 87° 1.709′ W. Marker is in Selma, Alabama, in Dallas County. Marker is on Mabry Street south of Jeff Davis Avenue, on the right. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 713 Mabry Street, Selma AL 36701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. White - Force Cottage (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Tyler Morgan House (about 400 feet away); Mabry - Jones Home (about 500 feet away); Fairoaks Square (about 500 feet away); “Fairoaks” (about 800 feet away); Ware - Baker - Jones House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Interior Redoubt No. III (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lee - Bender - Butler House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Selma.
Regarding Sturdivant Hall. A special thanks
Also see . . . Sturdivant Hall's website. (Submitted on November 7, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,067 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15. submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.