Selma in Dallas County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Ware - Baker - Jones House
Prominent owners through the years have included Madison Jackson Williams, newspaper editor and Selma mayor 1865-66, as well as the Stollenwerck, Baker and Jones families.
Restoration 1981-83 by the C. E. Dillon Family, Named
In 1985 to honor Miss Grace Jones, a longtime occupant and owner.
Erected 1985 by Alabama Historical Commission.
Location. 32° 24.748′ N, 87° 1.43′ W. Marker is in Selma, Alabama, in Dallas County. Marker is on Lauderdale Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 506 Lauderdale Street, Selma AL 36701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Temple Mishkan Israel (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lee - Bender - Butler House (about 800 feet away); Mabry - Jones Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Tyler Morgan House (approx. ¼ mile away); Last Stronghold Falls Highlights of Selma History / William Rufus DeVane King 1786-1853 (approx. ¼ mile away); VII In. Brooke Rifle (approx. ¼ mile away); Sturdivant Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Selma.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 801 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. 2, 3. submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.