Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
House of Alexander Douglass
called a council of war
on the evening of
January 2, 1777
flank movement to
was decided upon
Erected 1902 by Trenton High School, Class of 1903.
Location. 40° 12.995′ N, 74° 45.786′ W. Marker is in Trenton, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker is at the intersection of South Broad Street and Livingston Street, on the left when traveling north on South Broad Street. Click for map. Marker is on the front of the Lutheran Church of the Redeemer. Marker is at or near this postal address: 189 S Broad St, Trenton NJ 08608, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mercer County Courthouse (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mahlon Stacy’s Grist Mill (about 500 feet away); The Second Battle of Trenton (about 500 feet away); Washington’s Triumphal Arch (about 700 feet away); Mill Hill Historic District (about 800 feet away); First High School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Washington Crossing the Delaware (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mill Hill Playhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Trenton.
More about this marker.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Events • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,022 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. 2. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 3. submitted on , by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.