Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Christ Church
Erected 1941 by Public Archives Commission. (Marker Number K-39.)
Location. 39° 9.279′ N, 75° 31.383′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is at the intersection of South State Street and Water Street, on the right when traveling north on South State Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dover DE 19901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nicholas Ridgely (here, next to this marker); Caesar Rodney (here, next to this marker); Loockerman House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Thomas Stevenson House (about 300 feet away); Charles Inglis (about 300 feet away); Revolutionary War Patriot John Banning (about 400 feet away); John Bell House (about 500 feet away); Site of King George’s Tavern (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Dover.
Also see . . . Christ Church, Dover--Parish History (Submitted on November 29, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 1,419 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.