El Paso in El Paso County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Fort Bliss Oﬃcers’ Quarters
Officers quarters, built about 1879 on 3' foundations of hewn stone. 24" walls are double-laid adobe brick.
Erected 1965 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee.
Location. 31° 45.834′ N, 106° 30.593′ W. Marker is in El Paso, Texas, in El Paso County. Marker is on West Old Paisano Drive, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1836 West Old Paisano Drive, El Paso TX 79901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. El Paso del Rio del Norte (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Major Simeon Hart (about 700 feet away); Capt. James W. Magoffin (about 700 feet away); Camino Real (about 700 feet away); Burges House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Old San Francisco Historic District (approx. 0.9 miles away); El Paso Union Passenger Station (approx. 0.9 miles away); Old B'Nai Zion Synagogue (approx. one mile away). Click for a list of all markers in El Paso.
Also see . . . Fort Bliss. A Fort Bliss Wikipedia article giving the history (Submitted on November 22, 2010.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 686 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.