Prairieville in Hale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
St. Andrew’s Church
1844 - made parish of Diocese of Alabama
1851 - this site selected
1853-54 - this building erected
Erected 1956 by Alabama Historical Association.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. 32° 30.59′ N, 87° 42.074′ W. Marker is in Prairieville, Alabama, in Hale County. Marker is on County Road 12 west of State Highway 69, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gallion AL 36742, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dr. Benjamin M. Duggar (within shouting distance of this marker); Freetown (approx. 2.3 miles away); Oak Grove School (approx. 2.8 miles away); Vine And Olive Colony (approx. 6 miles away); St. Michael's Cemetery (approx. 7.4 miles away); St. Michael's Episcopal Churchyard (approx. 7.4 miles away); Gaineswood (approx. 7.8 miles away); Demopolis Methodist Church (approx. 7.9 miles away).
Also see . . . Photos of St. Andrew's Church by The Historic American Buildings Survey (Submitted on November 18, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 572 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.