Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Wharton's Texas Rangers
—Army of the Mississippi —
Wharton's Texas Rangers,
Army of the Mississippi
This regiment was engaged here at 4 p.m., April 6, 1862. It charged the enemy; was repulsed and retired to north of Oglesby's headquarters where it bivouacked Sunday night.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number 465.)
Location. 35° 8.732′ N, 88° 20.365′ W. Marker is in Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker is on Cavalry Road 0.4 miles west of Hamburg-Savannah Road, on the left when traveling west. Click for map. About 40 yards south of Cavalry Road on a trail, in Shiloh National Military Park. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 13th Iowa Infantry (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); McAllister's Battery (about 300 feet away); Camp of 1st Battalion, 4th Illinois Cavalry (about 400 feet away); 46th Illinois Infantry (about 400 feet away); 15th Illinois Infantry (about 400 feet away); 53rd Ohio Infantry 52nd Illinois Infantry (about 700 feet away); Camp of 15th Illinois Infantry (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Shiloh.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 385 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.