Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
near Glennville in Tattnall County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church

 
 
Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Stroud, 2010
1. Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church Marker
Inscription. This church was constituted and its first sanctuary built in 1888 on `Love`s Old Field,` land donated by G.M. Love. Charter members were the J.J. Kicklighters, the Dennis Lynns, Allen Lynn, and D.B. Smith, the church`s first clerk. Elders on the constituting presbytery were H.B. Wilkerson, Bazil Jones, and M.F. Stubbs, the first pastor. In 1896 the church was one of seven organizing members of the Bethel Primitive Baptist Association. J. Walter Hendricks, pastor from 1932-43, became the first president of Birdwood College, now Thomas College, in Thomasville. This c.1930 sanctuary was remodeled in the 1960s.
 
Erected 2000 by The Georgia Historical Society and Love`s Chapel Primitive Baptist Church. (Marker Number 132-1.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
 
Location. 31° 58.884′ N, 81° 57.079′ W. Marker is in near Glennville, Georgia, in Tattnall County. Marker is on Love's Chapel Road (County Road 396), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Located north of County Road 416. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3410 Love's Chapel Road, Glennville GA 30427, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles
Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Stroud, 2010
2. Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church and Marker
of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Beards Creek Church (approx. 4.9 miles away); Old Shiloh Cemetery (approx. 8.1 miles away); Bellville (approx. 11.9 miles away); Claxton First United Methodist Church (approx. 12.7 miles away); Evans County (approx. 12.7 miles away); Dedicated to All Who Served (approx. 12.7 miles away); Daisy United Methodist Church (approx. 13.6 miles away); Old Sunbury Road (approx. 14.9 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church image. Click for full size.
By Mike Stroud, 2010
3. Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church
Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church image. Click for full size.
By Mike Stroud, 2010
4. Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church
Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church Marker, looking south along Love's Chapel Road (Co. Road 39) image. Click for full size.
By Mike Stroud, 2010
5. Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church Marker, looking south along Love's Chapel Road (Co. Road 39)
Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, August 4, 2012
6. Love's Chapel Primative Baptist Church Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 351 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.   6. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement