Cusseta in Chattahoochee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 026-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 18.376′ N, 84° 46.586′ W. Marker is in Cusseta, Georgia, in Chattahoochee County. Marker is on Broad Street (Georgia Route 520) 0 miles east of Lafayette Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. The marker stands in front of the Chattahoochee County Courthouse. Marker is
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chattahoochee County (a few steps from this marker); Confederate Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); Chattahoochee County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Cusseta School (approx. ¼ mile away); Battle of Hitchity (approx. 2.6 miles away but has been reported missing); Louvale Church Row (approx. 9.4 miles away); Antioch Institute (approx. 9.4 miles away); Fryar Field (approx. 10.5 miles away in Alabama). Click for a list of all markers in Cusseta.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 439 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.