Louvale in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The building is believed to have been used for church services until the handsome building to the south was erected for that purpose about 1885.
The county operated the Louvale High School here until 1928 when the upper grades were transferred to Lumpkin. The elementary school remained until 1942.
The school is now used as the Louvale Community House which serves as the home for the Sybil and John B. Richardson School of Sacred Harp Singing.
Erected 1986 by Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Antioch Primitive Baptist Church.
Location. 32° 10.6′ N, 84° 49.467′ W. Marker is in Louvale, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is on U.S. 27 Frontage Road 0.2 miles south of Martha Berry Highway (U.S. 27), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. The Frontage Road is the old US 27 Highway. Marker is at or near this postal address: 340 Frontage Road, Louvale GA 31814, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Louvale Church Row (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Hitchity Providence Chapel (approx. 8.5 miles away); Masonic Female College (approx. 8.7 miles away); Providence Canyons (approx. 8.7 miles away); Bedingfield Inn (approx. 8.9 miles away); John Wellborn Root Birthplace Site (approx. 8.9 miles away); Our Soldiers (approx. 8.9 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 384 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.