Louvale in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Louvale Church Row
Antioch Primitive Baptist Church, founded 1832 in Pleasant Valley, moved to Moccasin Gap 1842 and here 1851. Present church was erected c. 1885 to replace original log structure.
New Hope Baptist Church, constituted 1860 two miles from here. Moved to present building in 1901.
Erected 1986 by Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Louvale Community.
Location. 32° 10.617′ N, 84° 49.45′ W. Marker is in Louvale, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is on U.S. 27 Frontage Road 0.2 miles from Martha Berry Highway (U.S. 27), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. The Frontage Road is the U.S. Highway 27 at this point, and U.S. 27 is just to the rear of the property. Marker is at or near this postal address: 318 Frontage Road, Louvale GA 31814, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Antioch Institute (within shouting distance of this marker); Battle of Hitchity Providence Chapel (approx. 8.5 miles away); Masonic Female College (approx. 8.7 miles away); Providence Canyons (approx. 8.7 miles away); Bedingfield Inn (approx. 8.9 miles away); John Wellborn Root Birthplace Site (approx. 8.9 miles away); Our Soldiers (approx. 8.9 miles away).
Regarding Louvale Church Row. North to south in the Louvale Church Row are:
New Hope Baptist Church
Marvin Methodist Church
Antioch Primitive Baptist Church
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 801 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.